Wednesday, November 21, 2007

entwined

I want to tell you about our nights together. Yes, of course you were there with me. I'm sure you remember them. But I want to share with you the parts that you weren't privy to. The parts I found satisfying and symbolic.

Every hour we spend in bed, you hold me. Somehow we are entwined, the entire night. Not for one moment do you let me go, out of your grasp, beyond your touch. It is as though the other side of the bed is a world away.

I sleep with my head resting against your chest. Like I had run a race and stopped to lie on the ground, with my face cradled by the softest, sunwarmed grass. The earth underneath, your heart below, beating with life.

Each time I move away, your hand reaches out to bring me back. When a person is asleep can he know his arms are empty? How can a man far in one place summon love from another?

I had forgotten how delicious that could be, to be joined not by words or thoughts but by flesh: soft, warm, heavy. When a sigh is a sentence and a caress a paragraph.

So in return I offer you what comes out of my fingertips - my words.

They, and I, are yours..

2 comments:

Shazy Boy said...

beautifully written... ver ywarm and touching... may you have a great life all the best

kat said...

thank you thank you thank you!!

i still can't believe ppl read my blog! hahahahaha...